For about 2 hours today our yard actually looked good. The excavator started this morning by removing the mound of dirt left in our front yard when they brought in the gravel for our "temporary" driveway. (Contrary to popular opinion, the driveway REALLY is temporary.) I glanced outside and got all excited because the front yard looked much better. But it didn't last very long because after he dug out an area in the backyard and installed a rock wall, Tim came home and made him dig up the front yard all over again. Arrggh! I can't wait to have a driveway....and grass...Oh, how nice will it be to pull into the garage without scraping the bottom of the car.... And nice to actually get our van OUT of the garage!!! We didn't really think about the big trench that is preventing us from getting our van out of the garage.
So the excavator brought in ALL these big rocks. When he was done with the rock wall he said, "Okay, where do you want the rest of the rocks?" I thought there would be 2 or 3 small rocks leftover. There was about 8-10 of them - a few of them were huge boulders! I was like - can you just take them back?! I'm not a landscaper and I had no idea where to put them. So, they are where they are! And the rocks are not going anywhere.
We are thinking that we will have our driveway poured sometime next week. We still have a lot of work to do - Tim has some sprinkler and drainage pipe to run first, but once that is done we should be able to have a driveway. It's so exciting!
Braces (again)
7 years ago
1 comment:
I bet you could totally sell the rocks. People are always looking for good big nice rocks. I like to steal mine from the mountains. JK, but people might buy them from you.
Post a Comment