Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joey!


Last night we had a birthday party for Joey. Papa and Razi came to celebrate. (Nana was home sick with a really bad sore throat and we all hope she starts feeling better soon.) Joey surprised us by eating 5 bites of lasagne and he ate 2 pieces of garlic bread. Then he said, "Mom, I'm ready for cake now." Poor boy, he had to wait all day for cake. He picked out his cake flavor. He knew he wanted chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I tried to talk him into vanilla ice cream, but he insisted on having chocolate ice cream. (A little too much chocolate for some of us.)



I showed him his cake first thing yesterday morning and he looked at it and said, "Where's the candles?" Bobby pointed to one of the little workers on the cake and said, "Look Joey, that's Bob the Builder." And Joey asked, "But where is the girl?" Then Joey pointed to the other worker and said, "Oh, there she is!" He is so funny!


Ashlyn and Corissa gave him a big, blue, soft body pillow. Bobby and Michael gave him a cute little Book of Mormon. He loves both presents so much. He had to sleep with the body pillow last night, so I told him that his big tiger, "Stripes", had to sleep on the floor. He was pretty sad about that! But there just isn't enough room for both. (He sleeps in a little toddler bed.) Tim and I gave him a couple new movies and a toy construction set - which he played with for 2 hours last night.

We are so happy that Joey is a part of our family. I can't believe he is 3 years old today. It seems not too long ago when I found out I was pregnant with him. Boy, did I cry and cry. I cried for at least 3 months. And I don't think it was just the pregnancy hormones. I was just not happy that I was pregnant. I know, that is so bad of me, but we were done having children after Bobby and Michael. We had to use fertility drugs to get pregnant with Ashlyn, Corissa, and Michael and Bobby, so it was quite a surprise to find out we were having another baby. I felt so guilty for feeling that way. I think that Joey has been such a wonderful addition to our family. We thought we were complete before he came, but now our family is even better with him. I can't even imagine our lives without him now. He brings alot of energy and smiles and happiness and love into our home. We all love him so much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOEY!

4 comments:

Jennica said...

Happy birthday Joey. What a tribute to him. Three is one of my favorite ages.

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Hi Chena!
I cried and cried when I found out about Caroline. Jacob was only six months old! But it turns out "a surprise" was the only way to get a girl!

Anonymous said...

You make adorable cakes!

Julie said...

I love stories like that. Heavenly Father definately gets to decide how many are in our family. Joey is so cute, Eli talks all the time about having him come play.