Last night was the Young Women's Excellence Night. The theme was "Daughter of a King". It was wonderful and the storybook ("Daughter of a King") that the leaders read just made me cry. I still can't believe Ashlyn is 12 years old and in Young Womens. I said to her, "Let's go take a picture of you in your crown in front of that beautiful castle centerpiece." That was definitely the wrong thing to say. First of all, she hates it when I take pictures. (She says I take too many.) And second, I'm sure that would completely embarrass her in front of all the young women. Okay well, I tried. She absolutely refused to let me take a picture, but she did say, "You can take one of me outside." I said, "Forget it." But then forced her to have her picture taken at home. Isn't having a pre-teen so much fun!!!!
She had to fill out an information sheet to tell a little about her...
Favorite scripture - 1Ne 3:7
One of her talents - gymnastics
Favorite Young Women value and why - "Good Works because it means like helping everyone and joining together to do something good or memorable." (She is so grown up!)
Birthday month and what the gemstone means - October, Tourmaline and Opal - means to see a change
Personal Progress goal: ?
Well, all the girls had to go up in front of everybody and read their paper. When Ashlyn got to her Personal Progress goal she told everyone that she has only been in Young Womens for a week and hasn't received her book yet. It was cute. When she got back to her seat she said, "I didn't know I had to read my paper myself!"
Anyway, I am proud of her for all she does to help our family. She is growing up so quickly and even though she has pretty much been a "teenager" since the age of 5, we still love her a whole lot! She is lots of fun! (And she's a great babysitter too.)
2 comments:
Are you soliciting your daughter??? I love a good babysitter.
She is darling... she is already one of my favorite girls her age. I can't believe they are growing up so fast. It is weird to have a "pre-teen" huh?
Post a Comment