Sunday, October 21, 2007

Regional Stake Conference was great!

I absolutely loved our Stake Conference today. It was broadcast from the Conference Center and we were able to hear from President Hinckley. I liked how he reminded us of the things we need to do to be a better family. He talked about 4 things...
1. Mutual respect - being willing to overlook each other's weaknesses and mistakes.
2. Soft answer - "Quiet talk is the language of love, peace and God."
3. Financial honesty - Pay tithing and "always discuss when making large purchases".
4. Family prayer - Doing this will bring peace and joy. Love, appreciation, and respect will increase in your family.

I have been blessed soooo much in my life.... I have such a wonderful husband and my 5 children are absolutely precious to me. I love them so much. I have great friends - old and new!!! We are so excited to be moving into a wonderful neighborhood. We have really been blessed in the building of our home. Everything has just fell into place and I know that Heavenly Father has been watching out for us. I am grateful for the testimony that I have of the gospel. I love the Savior and am thankful for all the challenges and experiences that we get to go through because I know they only make us stronger. Life is good and exciting and I'm so happy that I have wonderful family and friends!!!

2 comments:

Dorothy ReNee said...

Catrina & Tim, I just want to let you know what a great influence you have been in the lives of your girls. Last night while they were sleeping at Grandma and Grandpa's house they saw the large jack-o-lantern-shaped candy dish filled with all kinds of goodies. When they first got there they asked if they could have some. I told them they could have all they wanted after we ate dinner. When a movie was starting and we settled into our recliners to enjoy the evening, Corissa was staring into the bowl and asked, "Grandma, how many did you say we could have?" Ashlyn was standing nearby and ready to get her candy. I told them, "I'll let you make that decision, but don't take more than what you know your mom & dad would let you have it you were at home." They both let out a little growl, but they each took two pieces, plus a tiny little tootsie roll. We had a great time at our sleepover. Grandpa Sylvan went to bed by 8:30 so us girls painted our toenails and fingernails and then watched the DVD of "Eragon" which the girls had seen before, but this was my first time sitting through the whole movie. I think all three of us fell asleep at some point during the movie. Ashlyn woke up just as I was turning the TV off. Corissa had been asleep from half-way into the movie. I had been asleep but woke up about two minutes before it ended. We were all in bed by midnight and woke up this morning at 8:00.

Catrina said...

Thanks mom. I know the girls had a great time. They have been extremely helpful today.