Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Spook Alley

What I have always liked about Halloween is carving pumpkins, making cookies and taking the kids out trick or treating. Other than that, I would say that I am not a super big fan of Halloween. Never really liked the spooky-ness of it...goblins, ghosts, witches, all creepy characters. But I am starting to enjoy it a little more than I have in the past. Part of that is because we have the opportunity to be involved with a spook alley that our neighbors put on each year. It is alot of work for one night, but it is so worth it. We tried to make this year spookier than ever! Our family decorated a tent structure into a haunted house.

Everyone was greeted by a vampire (as a warning...He said, "Enter if you dare!"), a knight guarding the castle, and a cute little fire breathing dragon (because every castle has a dragon).

After entering the castle you walk through huge eyeballs and white hanging cloth, all while 4 creepy hands are trying to grab you.

Corissa and Jaxynn were the "grabbing hands".


Next, you might be scared by Tim, who was a mad-man prisoner trying to escape from his dungeon cell. He sounded great - very scary! And loud!


Lots of people were scared of him. I was scared too!


As you came around the corner, you pass a skeleton and another eerie prisoner in a dark hallway. (Which didn't work the entire night, but wouldn't shut up as I took him down...it had a mind of it's own.)

At the end of the hallway was a tall Grim Reaper (motion sensor) which would yell out creepy things and had a spooky laugh.


Little did anyone know that there was a werewolf hiding behind that grim reaper. That was me! I would quietly follow people and try to get in their face, sometimes growling. I got some frightened looks with that mask. I have to say that I really do like scaring people. I scared some of my friends and neighbors pretty good! Some I even felt bad about. (I am still so, so sorry!)


The next room had several creatures, a coffin with a moving skeleton head, and a ghost which moved back and forth on a wire. It was pretty cool.


I have to say that nearly everyone made it out alive!

Various neighbors were in charge of other areas of the spook alley. There was a black light neon dark room (very cool, but I didn't get a chance to see it this year), room full of heads, laser lights, corn maze (watch out for the chainsaw guy!), spooky graveyard (where the dead come alive!), line of dead people sitting in chairs (some might actually be alive), and a creepy doctors office where the operations had gone wrong. It was all so great!

Our neighbors are the best!!!

Jennica, Karen, Jami and me

1 comment:

Jennica said...

We totally have the best neighbors. I am so thankful to live in this circle. I realized that the reason I complained about the spook alley was because I got super super sick the next day... I am so glad that we do fun things like this. I really do love it.