Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween is coming...whether you like it or not!

Today I realized that Halloween is just a few short days away. None of my kids had their costume ready before tonight. Eeekk! After pulling out all the boxes of Halloween supplies from the storage closet and a short trip to ShopKo and WalMart and Smiths (wasn't a very short trip after all), all my children are ready to parade around in their spookiest, scariest, and not so spooky and scary costumes. I will have a Batman, Indiana Jones (again), Ninja, a Dead Soccer Player, and something to do with Spiderman and boys underwear!?! Your guess is as good as mine! I will be posting some pictures in the near future.

I am looking forward to the school parade and class parties tomorrow. I am excited that the kids get out of school early! Tomorrow afternoon we will be carving and painting our pumpkins and maybe making some sugar cookies or donuts (whatever I feel like at the time). We will also go trick or treating at Tim's work! Yeah, that's always so fun!

Tomorrow night....set up the HAUNTED HOUSE for the SPOOK ALLEY! We have some scary and creepy ideas planned, so YOU better WATCH OUT!!!

Here is a question for you all...
When do you think kids are too old to go trick or treating?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how old is too old. I've been asking Camille to stop going for several years.

Lisa said...

When they stop dressing up and just show up at the door with a pillow case.

Dorothy ReNee said...

Trick-or-treating is not like Trix that are supposed to be "just for kids." You are never too old to go even though a lot of people are too old to eat the candy.

Camille said...

Ha Ha! Jerel just cracks himself up! :)

slingwall said...

I will share a secret with you Matt and I trick-or-treated the first year that we were married. We got married on Oct 14th and went out that year with friends that were still in High School. Let kids be kids and if people won't give them candy then move onto the next house that will. It is a kids holiday.