
Well, we had a problem this year...that is, our Christmas tree and decorations are buried far beneath all the storage boxes. (Not even going to try to find them!) Tim and I talked about getting a "real" Christmas tree again this year, but that would involve buying lights, decorations, a new tree stand, and so on... So, while I was shopping
early on Black Friday, I found this great little pre-lit Christmas tree for $19.99 at Walgreens. It's sad, skimpy and doesn't look nearly as good as it did in the picture on the box (I hate false advertising!), but it is perfect for us and worth every penny I paid for it! I took the kids to the dollar store and they each picked out a set of ornaments for the tree. Everyone picked out something different! After spending $12, we went home and decorated the tree right away. (We didn't even wait for Ashlyn or dad to get home!) The kids were so excited and happy, and it was so fun to be able to include their cousin Razi in all the festivities! Even though we don't have our beautiful and full Christmas tree, with all our "traditional" ornaments on it, we think this Christmas tree is the BEST!
3 comments:
How fun! How cute! I didn't even think about the dollar store for the tree decorations! I can't wait to have you live next door!
I think your kids will remember this years tree decorating experience and really appreciate it.
How fun! When Joe and I were first married we lived in this TINY apartment. I really wanted a Christmas tree, but there just wasn't room. We went to a tree lot and found a little "Charlie Brown" christmas tree for $5. No lights, just the 2 or 3 ornaments we had gotten for our wedding. You definitely remember those christmases.
Post a Comment